When it comes to finding the perfect wooden patio furniture set for your outdoor space, Amazon is a great place to start. With so many options available, you’re sure to find the perfect set for your needs. Plus, with materials that are built to last, you can be sure that your new furniture set will withstand even the harshest of weather conditions. But we know there are many options to look through on Amazon which can make it hard to find the right outdoor furniture piece. So, we highlight 10 wooden patio furniture sets that we think are some of the best wood patio furniture options on Amazon.
So why wait? Check out these 10 best outdoor wooden furniture sets on Amazon below!
What is Wooden Patio Furniture?
Wooden patio furniture is outdoor furniture with the primary frame material being some type of wood. And as you probably already know, there are many different kinds of wood.
In general, woods can be classified as a ‘hardwood’ and ‘softwood.’ Although there are some exceptions, hardwoods are typically denser and more durable than softwoods. As a result, you will find that a lot of outdoor wood furniture is made with hardwoods. Popular hardwood types are teak, eucalyptus, acacia, and mahogany. These wood types will make the majority of the wooden outdoor furniture that you will find on the market today.
Our Evaluation Criteria
Any furniture you place outside will face much more wear and tear than your furniture inside. As a result, you will need to find furniture that can handle the wear and tear and the elements of your backyard: rain, sun, heat, cold, spills, humidity, wind, scratches, excessive use, and anything else that may happen in your backyard. So, when we evaluate any outdoor furniture, these are the features that we look for in furniture materials:
- UV or Fade Resistance: If you expect your outdoor furniture to be exposed to the sun, you want an item designed to withstand degradation or fade from the sun.
- Water or Spill Resistance: If you expect your furniture to be exposed to rain (even under a patio) or get spilled on, you will want a material that can resist staying wet or holding water.
- Stain Resistance: Your outdoor furniture will get dirty at some point. So you will want to find furniture that can resist staining if you want it to continue to look like new for a long time.
- Mold and Mildew Resistance: This goes hand-in-hand with water and spill resistance, but you want to make sure that your furniture won’t have mold or mildew growth if it does get wet.
- Durability: Your outdoor furniture and other items will experience a lot of wear and tear outside. So, items that promote being scratch, tear, crack, dent, etc. -resistant or -proof are always a plus.
- Low maintenance: Manufacturers may not always directly state if a piece of furniture is low maintenance. But, you can look for phrases like “mild soap and water” only needed to clean the furniture or “machine washable” for fabrics to indicate low maintenance requirements. Review manufacturers suggested maintenance and balance those recommendations with your expectations of how much maintenance you see yourself performing on your outdoor furniture.
We have evaluated numerous outdoor materials against these features and detailed our ratings for each material in our Complete Outdoor Furniture Materials Guide.
Recommended Materials for Wood Furniture
- Teak – This wood is one of the most popular wood options for outdoor wood furniture. It is an incredibly strong wood, and its natural oils make it exceptionally weather-resistant, making this material an excellent choice for outdoor and patio furniture. The natural oils of teak make it water-resistant, which helps prevent this wood from rotting, decaying, and cracking. Also, teak’s natural oils provide excellent protection from heat and UV rays. Read more about the pros and cons of teak wood here. Read our full pros and cons of teak wood.
- Eucalyptus – Eucalyptus’s high density and natural oils make this a naturally weather-resistant wood. Like other hardwoods, eucalyptus is naturally resistant to splintering and cracking due to sun exposure. Although eucalyptus may require regular sealant application to enhance water resistance and durability, this wood is strong and durable enough to withstand most outdoor elements for many years. Read more about the pros and cons of eucalyptus wood here. Read our full pros and cons of eucalyptus wood.
- Mahogany – Popular for its warm, reddish color and even grain, Mahogany is a common choice for outdoor and indoor furniture. This hardwood has many characteristics like other hardwoods, making it an excellent choice for outdoor use. The high density of the wood and natural oils of mahogany allows the wood to be a natural repellent of moisture, making mahogany naturally rot-resistant.
- Sunbrella – Sunbrella is one of the most popular outdoor branded fabrics because it is a very strong material designed to last many years in outdoor spaces. Sunbrella is made from solution-dyed acrylic, meaning that the color of the fiber is dyed all the way through the fabric during the manufacturing process of the fabric, which results in a highly color steadfast fabric that is great for outdoor use. Additionally, Sunbrella is designed to repel water and stains, enabling this material to be mold and mildew resistant. Read more about the pros and cons of Sunbrella here.
- Olefin – Olefin is a popular outdoor fabric that is prevalent in many outdoor furniture pieces. Olefin is a solution-dyed material, enabling the fabric to be very colorfast and resistant to fading from exposure to UV light. Additionally, Olefin is highly resistant to water, stains, and typical backyard wear and tear. Typically, Olefin will last many years in your backyard with minimal maintenance. Read our post on the pros and cons of Olefin fabric.
- Open Cell Foam / Reticulated Foam – One of the best cushion materials is called Open Cell foam, sometimes called reticulated foam, which is foam designed for water to pass through quickly so the cushion dries very quickly. This type of foam can be sold under brand names like DryFast or QuickDry. Not only does it dry quickly, it is also very comfortable.
- High-Density Foam (>3″) – One of the most challenging pieces of information to get about outdoor furniture is cushion material. Not all manufacturers state what is used to make the cushion. However, we look for cushions labeled made with “High-Density Foam” and ones that are thicker than 3 inches because these will generally be more comfortable than other options. Additionally, we look for cushions with batting (a material wrapped around the main foam) like polyester or Dacron. Batting can add a smooth and consistent feel to the cushion. An advantage of Dacron is that it is quick to dry too
Best Outdoor Wooden Furniture Sets on Amazon
This conversation set from the Rimini collection of AKOYA is one of our favorite outdoor wood furniture options on this list because it features high-quality materials like teak wood for the frame and thick, quick-dry cushions wrapped in Olefin fabric. This conversation set that can comfortably seat 5 people has it all to provide a comfortable, stylish, and long-lasting outdoor experience.
Ashley is one of our favorite outdoor brands because they make a wide range of high-quality outdoor furniture at reasonable prices. Ashley’s Clare View collection can be a great choice for your outdoor space because the eucalyptus frames and Nuvella fabric create a highly durable furniture set that also comes with very comfortable, thick cushions.
Read our full review on Ashley outdoor furniture.
RST Brands is one of our favorite outdoor furniture brands because they have many stylish and high-quality outdoor furniture options for your outdoor area. The Vaughn collection from RST Brands can be an excellent addition to your backyard (this can also be used as indoor furniture) because the high-quality eucalyptus and Sunbrella fabric create a highly durable and weather-resistant furniture set that should last many years.
This conversation set from Royal Teak with seating for up to 5 people, can be a great addition to your backyard. This set is made with high-quality kiln-dried teak wood with mortise and tenon joints and thick cushions wrapped in highly durable Sunbrella fabric. This high-quality furniture set should last several seasons in your outdoor space.
This outdoor wood furniture set from Anderson Teak is a SouthBay deep seating conversation set that can comfortably seat 4 people on thick cushions wrapped in Sunbrella fabric. The treated teak used to make this wooden outdoor furniture means that this set is designed to last many years.
If you are looking for a modern outdoor wood furniture set, then the Silo Point collection from Ashley furniture may be the perfect choice for you. This set is made from eucalyptus wood and the all-weather foam cushions are wrapped in highly durable Nuvella fabric. You can also find additional pieces to add to this set to suit your seating needs.
Read our full review on Ashley outdoor furniture.
Modway is a brand that carries many high-quality outdoor furniture items, and this wooden outdoor furniture set from the company is no exception. This set is made from FSC-certified teak which is a long-lasting and durable wood, making this a great outdoor furniture set for your backyard. Need more seating? Additional items can be purchased within this collection to meet your seating needs.
This sectional set from Amazonia can be a great addition to your outdoor space. This set features a stylish modern design using eucalyptus wood, aluminum, and synthetic black rope. The sectional set can comfortably seat four people and comes with a high-quality coffee table made from eucalyptus wood.
This Laguna sectional set from AKOYA is another high-quality set from this outdoor furniture manufacturer. This set has a frame made from high-quality teak wood, which means that this wood furniture set is made to last. The thick, fast-dry cushions should make for a really pleasant and comfortable experience every time you use this set.
Modway makes this list again with this conversation set from its Upland collection. This modern wooden outdoor furniture set can comfortably seat up to four people on the thick and weather-resistant cushions included in this set. The FSC-certified teak wood used to make the frame of this furniture means that this set is eco-friendly and built to last.