Are you looking for a way to make your outdoor area into a great gathering spot, especially during the winter months when it may be too cold to go outside? Would you like to add ambiance to your backyard with your current outdoor furniture setup? If so, a fire pit table can get a great fit for your outdoor space.
A fire table allows you to use your backyard when it gets cold outside and is a fun way for you to get together with friends or family throughout the year. When you aren’t using the fire pit part of the table, you can also use the table as a regular outdoor table year-round.
But, as you probably know, there are a lot of options to choose from, especially on Amazon. Luckily, we have the hands-on experience, and we have done the research to give you a list of our 7 best fire pit table options.
Sound good? Read on below!
You may also like:
Summary of 7 Best Fire Pit Tables:
1. Best Overall: BALI OUTDOORS Fire Pit Table
2. Best Wicker: Best Choice Products Fire Pit Table
3. Best Faux Stone: Vicluke Fire Pit Table
4. Best Budget-Friendly: Yaheetech Fire Pit Table
5. Best Square-Shape: Ciays Fire Pit Table
6. Best Linear-Shape: AKOYA Fire Pit Table
7. Best Low-Height: Elementi Granville Fire Pit Table
What is a fire pit table?
As the name implies, a fire pit table is an outdoor table with a fire tray area in the center of the table with a burner that creates the flame. Fire pit tables are available in various shapes (square, rectangular, circle, etc.), sizes, and designs, making it easy to find a fire pit that can perfectly fit your outdoor living space. When you are not using the fire pit feature of the table, you can easily convert the table into a regular table to host meals and other activities.
If you are looking for all the reasons you should by a fire pit table, check out our post on the 10 reasons your backyard needs a fire pit table.
How does a fire pit table work?
Most fire pit tables, and the ones we list in this review, are fueled by natural gas or propane. Often you will find fire pit tables with propane tank storage built into the table to conceal the propane tank easily. There is usually an ignition switch to ignite the flame in the fire pit and a control knob to adjust the size and intensity of the flame in the fire pit.
Key characteristics of a fire pit table
When evaluating fire pit tables, there are several key characteristics to know to help you make the best decision:
- Size and Shape: As stated earlier, you will find that fire pit tables can come in many shapes and sizes. A typical fire pit table is rectangular, about 40-45″ long, and has a normal table height. However, there are square and circular options; there are options that are much shorter or longer; there are fire pit tables that sit lower to the ground, and some that are bar height. The right size and shape is up to the needs of your backyard, so its important that you measure your space to understand what size you need.
- Frame Material: The structure of a fire pit table will either be a metal (either some form of steel or aluminum; see our post on steel vs aluminum for more information) or stone/concrete frame (either real or faux stone or concrete – the faux option will typically be a glass fiber reinforced concrete material). These materials are very sturdy and heat resistant, which is perfect for a fire pit table. You may also see some options with a synthetic wicker material around a metal frame, and some will have ceramic tiles on the tabletop. Ultimately, the frame material choice will come down to the style you prefer for your backyard.
- Fuel: Most of the fire pit tables on the market today are either propane or natural gas-fueled. There are some wood-burning fire pit tables, but not as many compared to propane and natural gas. It is very important to know if you are going to need natural gas or propane. The key difference is how the table connects to the fuel: Do you have a dedicated gas line (natural gas), or do you plan to connect to a tank (propane)? You need to make sure that you buy a fire pit table that works the appropriate fuel type, or has a conversion kit to work with both natural gas and propane.
- Fire Media: Fire media is the name for the lava rocks, fire glass, fire stones, fire logs, etc. that are placed in the fire tray of the fire pit table to protect the burner, radiate heat, and provide aesthetic to your fire pit table. Luckily, most fire pit media is interchangeable on fire pits, so you are aren’t stuck with the media that comes with the table – you can pick one that fits your style. See our post comparing the common fire pit media options of lava rocks, fire glass, and fire stones.
- BTUs: Simply, British Thermal Units (BTUs) is the common way to measure the heat output of a fire pit table. We won’t get into all the details of what a BTU means (instead we will link two good resources from Starfire Direct and Fire Pit Surplus if you want to learn more about BTUs), but the average fire pit table is about 30,000 to 50,000 BTUs. Generally, the large the space the higher the BTU rating you will need in a fire pit table. 40,000 BTUs should be sufficient to warm a 550 sq. ft. area, which is about a medium-sized patio.
- Additional Components: There are some other key parts of a fire pit table that may not be available on all fire tables:
- Fire tray lid – a lid that covers the burner and fire media – very useful to protect the burner and use the entire area of the table as a regular table.
- Table cover – a protective cover that covers the entire fire pit table to shield it from the outdoor elements when not in use.
- Wind guard – a glass barrier around the fire tray that shield the flame from wind and protects guests from the flame.
7 Best Fire Pit Tables on Amazon
Now that we have provided a brief overview of fire pit tables and some key characteristics, below are the 7 best fire pit tables that we have found on Amazon.
Overview of our Review Process:
We have hands-on experience with several fire pit tables, including one that we own on this list, which has helped shape our view of the key features to look for in a fire pit table. Additionally, we have reviewed external research to inform our view on key features and pros and cons of fire pit tables. After reviewing over 50 fire pit table options on Amazon, and based on our research and our hands-on experience, we developed this list of the 7 Best Fire Pit Tables on Amazon.
BALI OUTDOORS Fire Pit Table
This fire pit table from BALI OUTDOORS wins the best overall for two main reasons: very reasonable price and high BTU rating of 60,000 BTUs, meaning that this table can be a great way to heat most types of backyard settings. Additionally, the simple and sleek design and dimensions should be a great fit for anyone’s backyard needs.
Best Choice Products Fire Pit Table
What stands out to us for this fire pit table from Best Choice Products is the aluminum and weather-resistant wicker frame materials. Aluminum is great metal material because it won’t rust, and the weather-resistant wicker should endure most outdoor conditions. The 50,000 BTUs should provide plenty of warmth, and the provided wind guard and protective cover create a complete fire pit table set.
Vicluke Fire Pit Table
If you are looking for a stone fire pit table to complement your patio furniture, this Vicluke Fire Pit table can be a great option for you. Featuring a lightweight polyurethane faux stone in three color options, this propane fire pit table checks all the boxes of a great fire pit table. Plus, the aluminum frame of this fire table enhances the durability of this piece as aluminum is very weather resistant and won’t rust like steel can.
Yaheetech Fire Pit Table
Are you looking for a cost-effect fire pit table for your outdoor space? Then look no further than this square fire pit table from Yaheetech. This fire table is offered at one of the lowest price points we found in our research, but still brings all of the elements of a great fire pit, especially the 50,000 BTU rating that should warm most backyard spaces.
Ciays Fire Pit Table
The Ciays 32-inch fire pit table is our top choice if you are looking for a square fire pit table because the studded metal design can fit wicker and metal patio furniture sets, so this can apply to a wide range of backyard styles. Plus, the reasonable price of the fire pit table and the two size options means that this table can fit nearly all budgets and backyard sizes.
AKOYA Fire Pit Table
This modern, concrete-styled fire pit table from AKOYA presents a serious upgrade to any backyard setup. The fiber-reinforced concrete it more lightweight than regular concrete, but it is just as durable. This fire table can be an excellent fit for your backyard if your budget can afford it.
Elementi Granville Fire Pit Table
If you are looking for a low-height fire pit table, this fire pit table from Elementi should be one of your top options. This table is made from high-quality materials like glass-fiber reinforced concrete that should last many years in your outdoor space. Plus, a low-height fire pit table like this one can add a touch of style that a regular table height fire pit table may not provide.