Are you tired of your current patio furniture set? Are you looking to upgrade your outdoor living space with new outdoor furniture? If so, you have many options to evaluate before you purchase. And we understand that it can be difficult to pick the right furniture for your backyard.
One furniture collection that you should consider, and that we think is a great choice for any backyard setup, is Ashley’s Clare View collection. This collection delivers high-quality furniture at an affordable price.
Read our review below to find out more about this great outdoor furniture collection.
You may also like:
Ashley Furniture’s Clare View outdoor furniture collection consists of neutral-colored outdoor furniture items made of eucalyptus wood. The eucalyptus wood undergoes a five-step protective coating process to enhance the durability of the wood, making it an excellent frame material for outdoor use. The collection boasts plush cushions wrapped in weather-resistant Nuvella fabric that create an all-around high-quality patio furniture options that are reasonably priced.
Trial Period / Returns
Some Clare View Furniture Options
Ashley Clare View Outdoor Furniture Overview
If you’re in the market for a new patio furniture set, you should definitely check out Ashley’s Clare View collection. This stylish collection is made of eucalyptus wood and Nuvella fabric, making it durable and weather-resistant. The light brown eucalyptus wood goes through a five-step five-step protective coating process to give furniture in the collection a durable frame. The off-white removable cushions are wrapped in Nuvella fabric, making these comfortable and weather-resistant cushions. And the best part? The furniture is reasonably priced. So if you’re looking to upgrade your outdoor living space on a budget, the Clare View collection is a great option.
Our Evaluation Criteria
Any furniture you place outside will face much more wear and tear than your furniture inside. As a result, you will need to find furniture that can handle the wear and tear and the elements of your backyard: rain, sun, heat, cold, spills, humidity, wind, scratches, excessive use, and anything else that may happen in your backyard. So, when we evaluate any type of outdoor furniture, these are the features that we look for in furniture materials:
- UV or Fade Resistance: If you expect your outdoor furniture to be exposed to the sun at any point, you want an item that is designed to withstand degradation or fading from the sun.
- Water or Spill Resistance: If you expect your furniture to be exposed to rain (even if it is under a patio) or get spilled on, you will want a material that can resist staying wet or holding water.
- Stain Resistance: Your outdoor furniture will get dirty at some point. So you will want to find furniture that can resist staining if you want it to continue to look like new for a long time.
- Mold and Mildew Resistance: This goes hand-in-hand with water and spill resistance, but you want to make sure that your furniture won’t have mold or mildew growth if it does get wet.
- Durability: Your outdoor furniture and other items will experience a high amount of wear and tear being outside. So, items that promote being scratch, tear, crack, dent, etc. -resistant or -proof are always a plus.
- Low maintenance: Manufacturers may not always directly state if a piece of furniture is low maintenance. But, you can look for phrases like “mild soap and water” is only needed to clean the furniture or “machine washable” for fabrics to give a good indication of low maintenance requirements. Review manufacturers suggested maintenance and balance those recommendations with your expectations of how much maintenance you see yourself performing on your outdoor furniture.
We have evaluated numerous outdoor materials against these features and detailed our ratings for each material in our Complete Outdoor Furniture Materials Guide. We highly recommend that you use that guide as your reference and that you review our recommended materials in our Ultimate Outdoor Furniture Shopping Guide.
Using the features described above and based upon our experience of purchasing outdoor furniture, we rate outdoor furniture on these aspects:
- Frame Materials: We look for high-quality weather-resistant and durable materials to make the furniture.
- Fabric Materials: Just like frame materials, we look for fabrics that can withstand the wear and tear of backyard use.
- Cushion Materials: Some cushions are just better for outdoor use, especially those that dry quickly.
- Warranty: Ideally, you should find outdoor furniture with some kind of warranty.
- Trial Period / Returns: Some manufacturers offer a trial period to return the furniture without penalty if you are unsatisfied with your furniture.
- Delivery: Some brands and manufacturers offer delivery incentives, either as quick or free delivery.
- Furniture Assembly: The last thing anyone wants to do is spend hours setting up their new furniture. So, we look for furniture that has minimal or no assembly requirements.
- Price: Price is typically indicative of quality: higher price usually means higher quality; lower price usually means lower quality. However, some brands can offer great quality at comparatively lower prices.
1. Frame Materials
Eucalyptus’s high density and natural oils make this a naturally weather-resistant wood. Like other hardwoods, eucalyptus is naturally resistant to splintering and cracking due to sun exposure. Although this eucalyptus is not known to be as durable as teak and needs regular sealant application to enhance water resistance, the five-step protective coating process used on this wood makes this much more durable than typically eucalyptus frame material. As a result, the eucalyptus frame in the Clare View collection is a great outdoor furniture material.
2. Fabric Materials
All outdoor seat cushions from Ashley Furniture use Nuvella fabric. This is a solution-dyed fabric designed to withstand the wear and tear of outdoor use. Solution-dyed means that the color is part of the fabric rather than being applied on top of the fabric. This means that the fabric is very fade-resistant. Ashley Furniture also notes that this fabric is dirt, mold, and mildew resistant. Most stains on the Nuvella fabric can be easily cleaned, and the cushion covers can be removed to be washed.
3. Cushion Materials
Ashley Furniture states that its cushion foam material used in its Clare View furniture is an “all-weather foam cushion core wrapped in soft polyester.” From our review, these cushions likely use a standard polyurethane cushion, and the polyester provides a smooth and comfortable wrap around the foam. As a result, the cushions are thick and comfy.
Ashley Furniture offers a 1-year limited warranty on its outdoor furniture. This is typically what we see as an industry average.
5. Trial Period / Returns
You only have 72 hours after delivery of an online outdoor furniture order to report if an item is delivered damaged, defective or if you are unhappy with it in any way to either have the item repaired, replaced, or returned.
While you can order Clare View collection items directly from Ashley, many items are available for purchase through Amazon. Availability and estimated delivery times through Amazon will vary by product, but some delivery options can be in a few days with free delivery options.
7. Furniture Assembly
The assembly time for a piece of Ashley Clare View outdoor furniture can vary depending on the type of the furniture; however, it appears most items in this collection will require about 30 minutes of assembly time. From our review, the majority of this assembly requires screwing parts of the furniture together.
We track the prices for hundreds of outdoor furniture items. We evaluate the typical cost of an outdoor sofa, sectional, loveseat, chair, dining table, coffee table, and other outdoor items and look for comparable features (frame materials, fabric materials, and cushion materials). Based on our analysis, Ashley’s Clare View outdoor items are typically less expensive than comparable high-quality outdoor furniture items from other manufacturers.
Common Outdoor Furniture Questions
Rain: Can Ashley Clare View Outdoor Furniture be left out in the rain?
The natural oils of eucalyptus make this material naturally water-resistant to an extent – the wood may shrink or swell due to excessive moisture if it is not regularly sealed. However, the five-step protective coating process used on the eucalyptus in the Clare View collection should enhance the water resistance of this wood.
Ashley’s Nuvella fabric is mold and mildew resistant, but it is unclear how well it will repel water from a spill or light rain. You should probably bring your Nuvella covered cushions inside if you expect heavy rain.
Finally, Ashley notes that its cushions are made from all-weather foam and polyester. However, it does not appear that these are fast-drying or water-resistant cushions. You should expect these cushions to retain water if left out in heavy rain.
Sun: Can Ashley Clare View Outdoor Furniture be left out in the sun?
Eucalyptus, like other hardwoods, is not susceptible to cracking or becoming brittle in the sun. Typically, eucalyptus can lose its color over time due to extensive UV exposure if it is not consistently treated to prevent color loss.
Ashley’s Nuvella fabric is designed to withstand UV exposure because it is a solution-dyed fabric. This means the fabric’s color is a part of the fabric, rather than simply applied on top of the fabric. As a result, the material is very fade-resistant.
Winter: Can Ashley Clare View Outdoor Furniture be left out in the winter?
We recommend covering or storing any wood furniture during the furniture because some damage may occur. If you expect freezing conditions, snow, and ice, we recommend that you err on the side of caution and cover any outdoor furniture or store your outdoor furniture indoors to prevent any damage. Also, we recommend that you protect or store away any cushions during the winter if you expect freezing conditions.
Maintenance: Does Ashley Outdoor Furniture require much maintenance and cleaning?
For any cleaning on the eucalyptus wood, you will likely only need mild soap and water to clean off any dirt or debris on furniture frames. Additionally, you may need to regularly apply sealant to enhance the durability and weather-resistance of the wood.
The Nuvella fabric requires little maintenance with simple cleaning for most stains. The Nuvella fabric covers on the cushions can be removed and washed. Refer to manufacturer guidelines on how to clean the fabric properly. If the cushions receive heavy rainfall, you may need to air dry for several hours or a few days to dry the cushions completely.
Eco-Friendly: Is Ashley Clare View Outdoor Furniture environmentally friendly?
Ashley Furniture’s Nuvella fabric is eco-friendly because no waste water is generated in the manufacturing process. Additionally, the fabric is 100% recyclable.
Options: Are there many style options for Ashley's Clare View Outdoor Furniture?
Ashley’s Clare View furniture only comes in one style and color option: light brown eucalyptus frame with off-white cushions.